Tuesday 5 June 2012

Tuesday Poem: "Three (slightly more scurrilous) Limericks"


A lass who was brought up in Wagin*
went off to the city for ragin’,
but back home she did flee
with a rare S.T.D.
and no doc could cure her contagion.

A woman who came from Kalgoorlie
said: “I love you deeply and truly.”
“If it was the fashion,
I’d return your passion,
but the hair on your face is unruly.”

There was a young lady called Bliss
who thought intercourse rather remiss.
“Though my chances I’ll ruin,
I’m so tired of screwin’,
I’d much rather cuddle and kiss.”

* Wagin is yet another country town in the Wheatbelt of Western Australia.

POET'S NOTE: Penelope, one of my fellow Tuesday Poets, is right, of course. The Limerick is supposed to be a form with a degree of scurrilousness. In that spirit, I offer these slightly more risque limericks than those posted last week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that at least two of these are set in Oz. The last one is more geographically ambiguous, but I note that that lass is quite quaint and prim. I will be smiling for the rest of the day and must compose some more myself, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete