Sunday 12 April 2020

Special Covid-19 Inspirational Poem: "Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep" by Mary Elizabeth Frye


Tonight I learned of the second death of an elderly woman in Christchurch from Covid-19. This is to honour her and the woman in Greymouth who was our first Covid-19 death here in Aotearoa:

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


by Mary Elizabeth Frye


For more information about the poet, Mary Elizabeth Frye, see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Elizabeth_Frye 

Quite a lovely video interpretation:


No comments:

Post a Comment